The next time you’re putting an email marketing campaign together consider these 5 top tips.
1. Subject Line – This is your chance to grab the interest of the recipient, it’s worth spending a decent amount of time on getting this right. We believe a high percentage of time and the first consideration should be given to the writing and design of a compelling and engaging subject line. If the subject line doesn’t scream ‘READ ME NOW’ then the content is pretty irrelevant.
Email subject lines must also help your email to avoid spam filters, ensuring that your communications land within the largest number of inboxes as possible.
2. The Hook – You need to engage your audience with a great subject line, consider giving them an offer of something they can’t refuse. Depending on the audience, consider comedy. A humorous subject line can grab the attention just as well as an outstanding offer. Don’t be afraid to ask questions or be intriguing with your subject lines, one of the best tactics when creating a line is to inspire curiosity in your recipient.
3. Personalisation – One of the most important factors. Personalisation is not just about adding your recipient’s name to the top of the email. It’s about understanding your target market. With a good knowledge of your customers needs and wants, your emails should render dynamic content based on the segment of people you are sending it to. Do not underestimate the important role CRM plays in marketing.
4. Viewing – Remember that people receive and read emails in different ways. Some recipients open their email fully in Outlook, others use the preview pane, others on iPhones etc. This means that you need to get your key message in the top left corner of your design so that it has the best chance of being seen, no matter what device the recipient is using.
5. Follow Up – These days we are all bombarded with numerous marketing emails, but very few are ever followed up. It has been proven that those that follow up with a phone call are the ones that receive the most attention as they usually prompt the recipient to revisit the email in their inbox. Consider investing some time to do this and you will be more successful.
If you would like any help with your email campaigns or would like to know more about our email marketing system please don’t hesitate to contact us.