Social media has rapidly become one of the most powerful forms of digital marketing, offering exposure, conversation and productivity. Many companies tend to think you need a fun and interesting brand to be successful on social media, but what about those “boring” businesses? Should you be avoiding it altogether?
Chances are, there will be something you find exciting about your business. If you can’t, how will others? It’s time to shake off the doubt, pinpoint what separates you from the rest and include social media in your marketing strategy.
Now you’ve been converted, it’s important to take some time to develop an understanding of the different platforms and what each can offer. This is where you need to ask the question, who are your target audience? Where do they hang out? Once you’ve discovered this, you can then decide which platforms are right for you. Remember, it’s better to perfect one platform before going on to another.
So, now all you’ve got to do is make your chosen platform thrive, right? Well, don’t fret, I’ve put together some tips and tricks to help you…
- Sell individuality, not products – by selling your individuality, you create a personality which cannot be ignored.
- Make it personal – we’re a nosey nation so why not tell people about those cakes that you’re nibbling on or that person’s birthday? Tell us what you’re up to!
- Be visual – I recently heard that we now have a lower attention span than a goldfish hence why we’d rather look at a picture than read. So, on that note…
- Educate – it’s not boring! Educate people, share information and provide great advice to those that may need it. Even those expert niche blog posts!
- Be active – just be present, whether that’s posting, liking, sharing relevant posts, following etc, show people that you’re engaging with them.
- And finally… be human because after all, we are.
Do you need a hand with your social media or marketing strategy? Why not get in touch and see how we can help? We’d love to hear from you.